Monday, December 07, 2009

The Jewelry

I moved recently to a bigger apartment. I've been living in a 500 sqft place so you can imagine that I don't actually own that many things. I don't collect anything so the stuff that I do own is either meaningful or useful or both. As I was moving I noticed that some of my jewelry was missing. These are items I don't wear because they are expensive and I don’t want to mess them up. I didn't stress about it because I thought maybe my mother had put it into her safe. When she got back I had her look inside just to make sure and it wasn't there.

I'm missing:
Diamond Earrings
Gold Garnet and Diamond Ring
Gold band with hearts shaped into the band
Gold and Pearl Necklace
Silver ring with blue, green and purple colored diamonds in it.
Heart shaped gold ring with diamond chips in it

I placed an ad on Craigslist and I have been looking at local pawn shops, I filed a police report and a claim with my renters insurance. Yea they will give me some cash, but man. I have so many cool expensive things in my apartment, why my family jewelry?? I'd trade everything I own to get that stuff back, its simply not replaceable. I am positive that it was workers coming into my apartment for various reasons. I have had one person stay the night in my apartment and I'm positive that person 1. wasn't alone in my bedroom and 2. wouldn't steal from me for any reason. I'm sick over this.

No comments: