Wednesday, November 18, 2009

According to this my Xbox is feeling "Emo" because I haven't played it much. Don't worry little buddy, I picked up Dragon Age: Origins and Assassins Creed 2 yesterday! I also got my long awaited Left 4 Dead 2 and played a bit with Brandon until my stupid dumb annoying internet disconnected and then he had to go to bed. I finally got back on and was able to jump into the finale with AJ, Nick and Hisan. Very cool thing, instead of just fighting off wave after wave of zombies you actually have to complete objectives. For example, we had to collect 13 gas cans that were spread around the area and fill up a car to get out. This requires even more team work than before, I throughly enjoy it. Not sure how I feel about the new characters yet though Ellis reminds me constantly what I don't like about South Carolina, even if he is pretty funny.
Dragon Age: Origins is just awesome. I only did my first quest but the customization, amount of quests and the fact that its single player but you're playing with a group and you can actually switch to other party members makes the gameplay really interesting. There are customizable battle plans (a bit like a complicated wow macro), tons of side quests and your responses shape your story line. I'm playing an Elven Mage right now.
I haven't touched Assassins Creed 2 because I would like to have more than just an hour or so to play, review to come :)

Today on the news they talked about how the government says not all women should have to be screened for mammograms in their 30s and 40s. They did NOT say if you are in your 30s or 40s its completely unnecessary to get them but you know the news they like to word things in such a a way. Of course all day I hear women in an uproar about this new piece of information. C'mon guys. If you are in your 30's and early 40's, nobody in your family has had breast cancer, you're healthy and you do self exams (which every woman that has breasts should be doing by the way) and not an "at risk" case you really do not need to get a mammogram. Yes, of course there are exceptions to this rule, there are exceptions to every rule but they are as common as a freak bowling ball accident.
-as an aside about the self exams and a note to how important they are, my best friend does them religiously and found a lump a few weeks ago. Went to have it checked out and is having it removed this week, the chances of it being anything are slim but you never know.
Moral of the story - know your medical background, be responsible for care and maintenance of your body, listen to your doctors advice. Just because you turned 30 does not mean you are at risk for breast cancer.

No comments: