Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Karma Karma

When I got into that car accident last week, as I said there were like 8 cars involved total. A young girl was in front of me, she walked back to my car and her and I went up to the cop and the trucker together. She was very nice and we chatted a bit while waiting. Her boss kept calling her while we were out there, telling her she needed to get to work and was really just being completely mean about the whole situation. After the SCDOT guy changed her tire she ended up leaving. Her car was definitely messed up but she was worried about losing her job and upsetting her boss. I felt bad that I didn't get her phone number, she said she had called her insurance agency and they knew about the accident and would help her get the truckers info though.

Well about 2 days later I went to the grocery store in the middle of the night and I run into that girl! Very weird because its nowhere near where the accident happened as it was on my 45 minute commute to work. Anyway I asked her if she got her car fixed and she said she did but she had to pay for it since she didn't have an incident report from the police. I got her phone number this time and told her I would text her the truckers insurance info and the claim number. I was happy that when I gave my statements I made sure to tell them about her just in case she tried to call in. She texted me the next day thanking me, they covered all of her costs! Felt good to know I was able to help her and it was so strange how we ran into each other so randomly!

But that's not all! I was out Monday night with some friends and I met a girl who worked where this girl worked. I told her about what happened and she already knew the story, she's friends with the girl from the accident! What a small world.


Today I get my car back from the body shop. I really hope that its fixed right, I'm going to run over to the dealership and have my mechanic take a quick look at it to make sure its all good. It'll be nice to have my car back, I like the rental and all but I'm pretty attached to my own car.


Last week I booked my trip to Japan! Leaving April 17th. I really can't wait. I've never been to a foreign county and I can't wait to see Brandon again. I am anxious about the long travel alone but I am sure I'll be fine. I'll bring lotsa DS games and my Zune along. Scribblenauts can keep me entertained for long periods of time, haha.

I also booked a trip to Myrtle Beach at the end of March for Nicole and I. We're going to a beer fest, she's getting a piercing in her ear like mine and we're going to go parasailing! This is the beginning of what is probably going to be another good year for travel! I am looking at booking a flight to Illinois next month so I can just get that out of the way. I haven't been home since 2008, looking forward to seeing my family again!


Going to sing Karoke tonight with a couple girls I met on Monday. Hope we have a good time!

No comments: