Tuesday, February 02, 2010

2010 is testing me.

Friday at work was very overwhelming and busy, I had a ton of things to do and right at the end of the day I made a mistake that, while fixable, was incredibly embarrassing. Wore out and wanting nothing more than to go home and relax with a cold drink I get home to my mom crying. My great grandmother wasn't doing well and she wanted to leave for Illinois Sunday to see her before she passed. Mom was planning on moving but not until next week. 15 minutes after hearing this news, great grandma passed away.


I did some shopping Saturday to get my mind off things. Sometimes its nice when you're feeling bad to buy something new that makes you feel pretty. I got some shirts and jeans. I went out Saturday night and had a good time, got a little carried away but I don't do that very often so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. Needless to say I slept pretty much all day Sunday.


Ready to start fresh and put the last few days behind me, I leave for work Monday morning. I was headed down I-26 near 378 in Lexington and the drive shaft came out from under an 18 wheeler. Seeing the 2 cars ahead of me hit the thing and go flying off the road with popped tires I thought I would be smart and straddle it. Only to find out it was taller than I thought, it ruined my car. After I pulled over I saw that this thing had caused a lot of issues for other drivers too. It took the police officer like 3 hours to get everyone's incident report filled out. He was so nice, he let me sit in his car while he filled out everything because my car wouldn't run and it was really cold outside. Finally, the tow truck got there and brought me to the body shop and enterprise picked me up with a cute, sporty little rental that I totally don’t mind driving for the next week or so. Luckily, the truckers insurance is covering everything and I will be well on my way by the end of the week (hopefully).


Yes it has been an eventful few days. I think I will be taking it easy for the next week or so.

No comments: