Thursday, May 06, 2010

My sister calls me at work to tell me she's got a Steph and Lindsy thought. What she means is we will sit and ponder the weirdest things. The existence of Santa, what dogs might be thinking, random things you may sometimes wonder but usually keep to yourself. Todays topic was what people did prior to the invention of jogging.

Lindsy: Every time I hear the phrase "jogging was invented in the 70s" I think to myself….
Me: Wait wait wait, "jogging was invented in the 70s" what do you mean every time you hear it..why would you hear that more than once in a lifetime?

Lindsy: Doesn't matter, I hear it all the time.
Lindsy: So what, if I had to run an errand I either had to walk to it or full on sprint? I'm calling dad to ask what they did.

Me: Yea there was no happy medium, it was awful. And you always got made fun of for either walking too fast or running too slow.

Me: Until one day someone was like, back off man, I'm run-walking. And jogging was born.


No comments: