Sunday, May 16, 2010

I got a dog!!



This is Ginger!

I have been thinking for awhile that I would like to get a pet. I need something to take care of, something to motivate me to get out of the house and be active, and a companion. SO, when I got back from Japan I made a trip to the Columbia Humane Society. I looked at all the dogs there for quite awhile and didn't really click with any of them in particular. I was walking between 2 cages deciding on them when Ginger caught my eye. She must have been outside and just came in. She was so sweet looking and the dog in her cage was jumping all over her and barking and she was keeping her cool. So I took her outside for a walk and when I kneeled down to greet her she put her paws up on me and gave me a hug! I fell in love and adopted her that day. lol.

I've had Ginger for 3 weeks. She's perfect for me. She has a good demeanor, she loves to cuddle and she listens to me! We go for walks (we're working on jogging...well she's got jogging I'M working on jogging lol), meetups with other dog owners in the park, we play and she's learning tricks. Having a dog has changed my daily activities for the better, I highly recommend it to anyone.

Ginger is a 2 year old pointer mix. She was brought to the Humane Society by her owner who said she couldn't afford to care for Ginger and her brother Roscoe anymore (if you know ANYONE that wants a dog please PLEASE go adopt Roscoe!). She left a sweet note talking about what Ginger likes and even said when she likes you she will hug you with her paws :)

No comments: