Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Food!

I've been eating the same foods over and over for a few months. Trying to watch calories and such. Its working great but its getting so BORING! I was at Target this weekend and I saw "The Biggest Loser 30 day plan". What I needed was some easy to cook, simple meals that I can prepare in advance so I don't revert to eating out or buying too much "quick food". This book so far has been great. Here's what I ate yesterday:

Egg whites on an English muffin with a slice of ham and cheese
Blueberries
Milk

Apple and string cheese
water

Turkey wrap with carrots and an orange
water

Chicken breast and asparagus
water

Deviled eggs (substitute the yolks with hummus! Yum)
water

But nothing has been as wonderful as the oatmeal I had this morning. Prepare yourself!

Life changing Oatmeal
1 banana mashed with 1 tsp pure vanilla, set aside
1 1/2 c skim milk to almost boiling
Add 1c oats and cook for 2 mins
Add mashed banana mixture and take off stove and let sit covered for 5 mins.

Oh oh oh so yummy. This makes 4 servings, so just eat a 1/4 of it and save the rest for later! I ate some hard boiled egg whites, too.

1 comment:

Birdie said...

WOW that sounds yummy! I just bought a couple books to switch up foods. Right now I am doing a Daniel Fast but if I add soy milk instead of skim I can totally have the life changing oatmeal! Gonna go try it, so what it is almost dinner time! :)