Thursday, September 23, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends.

I can't believe the tremendous support I've gotten from my family, my boyfriend and my friends. I can't say enough how important having a great circle of people is. I only hope that I return even a fraction of their kindness.

I was able to find an apartment this week and will be moving in next Friday! A job, my own place, my car back. Everything is going to be alright.

I love my new apartment. I hope I'm not going to eat my words later since I don't actually live there yet but the complex is really nice, pretty courtyards, private balconies, 4 swimming pools with hot tubs and covered parking. Its everything I was looking for AND they are pet friendly and they waived all the pet fees. So I get to have Miss Ginger there and not pay extra for her! Oh and this time I got an upstairs unit so I don't have to deal with the baby hippo on a treadmill noise. I got a 2 bedroom which is a big upgrade for me. Its still small but it'll be nice to have a space for family and friends when they come to stay. Not to mention finally having a place to set up my sewing machine.

Speaking of my sewing machine! I joined a craft swap. I am stoked, its a autumn/halloween themed one. I can't say yet what I'm making because its going to be a surprise for my swap person but I'll post photos afterwards. The rules were to make 2 or 3 small items that take less than 2 hours to make. I have SO many ideas!! I think I'll do one Halloween one and a few Autumn ones because they can be used longer.

1 comment:

Birdie said...

Steph--
I am so excited to hear everything is falling into place! We really enjoyed getting to see you this summer and hope to travel more as soon as life slows down a bit.